Yippee, my first weekend blog report. You'd think since it was the weekend and all, I'd have some fantastic stories and pictures about biking......unfortunately not the case. The weather on Sunday put the brakes on any sort of ride...or any sort of outdoor activities for that matter.
Saturday we spent the day window shopping. (not actually looking for windows mind you) Jennifer is in need of some glasses, so we went to this place. I have to say, they have some crazy looking stuff there. Jennifer managed to find some frames she liked that didn't cost 500.00. (yes, there were some) Awhile back she found some at Lenscrafters, so we might check those out again. I think the last time Jennifer bought glasses was 7 years ago.....so I guess she's about due.
Besides glasses, we looked at planters for outside the garage. (too expensive) We also looked at a ton of furniture. We need a new bed....and some new living room furniture....and a new tv.....and some bike stuff....well, we "need" new everything.
The only things we actually bought were biking mags, gardening books, and some winter gloves for me, (on sale) and some summer riding gloves for Jennifer. (REI giftcard)oh, and some hand/toe warmers. Very exciting stuff.
Our friends Chris and Gail invited us to Club 121 in downtown Stoughton Saturday night. Jennifer and I have talked about going there for awhile, so it was perfect timing. The place is really nice, a renovated downtown building from the late 1800's. Nice to see people taking an interest in restoring the old downtown buildings. The band was good.....but really loud. I'm pretty sure they are used to playing for a bunch of really loud Harley guys.....We eventually walked across the street to Vincenzo's Wine Bar. Nice place, very laid back atmosphere....and comparatively quiet. There was one weird thing, (well actually a number of weird things) but an 8-sided face vase was the winner. Yeah, a white vase with 8 faces circling around it....needless to say, it was freaking me out. Other than that we saw a guy break a leg off a bench he was sitting on.(funny) We also saw people laying in a window with a blanket on, and last but not least, a psychic. He was sitting in the window when you came in....that freaked me out too. (but not as bad as the 8-sided face vase thing) We had a really fun time. Definitely need to do that more often.
Wow, this post is getting freakishly long, so I'm going to cut to the chase:
Monday - Work, shovel, bike trainer, shower, eat, bed.
Tuesday - Work, eat, bed.
Wednesday - Work, order Jennifer's glasses, bike trainer, shower, eat, bed.
Thursday - Work........that's it so far. I'm still here.
Friday - Vacation Day (run some errands)
Saturday - Bike Ride?
Sunday - Bike Ride?
There, that was much easier.
Hopefully I'll actually have something interesting to blog about after the weekend.
In the meantime check out this, and this.
I've said it before, and I'll say it again......monkeys are natures comedians.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment